Place To Go Before I Turn 30

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Here are some places that I really want to go before I turn 30 years old. These are not the only places I want to go and they are not listed in any particular order but these are the ones that popped in my head first.

1. India

Exotic, majestic, and grand. Always depicted beautifully in film (Slumdog Millionaire, The Darjeeling Limited) filled with vibrant colors, vast landscapes, and impressive ancient structures. The birth place of Buddhism, Yoga, and Bollywood, India has one of the most fascinating cultures in the world filled with a long history. Did I mention that India food is amazing too?

2. Paris, France


The City of Lights, the City of Love, the City of Art, all names attributed to one of the greatest cities in the world. Paris is a beautiful city; having one of the most important museums in the world, the Louvre, the most recognizable monument, the Eiffel Tower, one the most luxurious palaces, Château de Versailles (not exactly in Paris but close), and one the most grand cathedrals ever built, Notre Dame de Paris. Je dois aller à Paris!

3. Spain

España is a place with dynamic culture, exquisite food, and amazing music. The birthplace of the Spanish language, Pablo Picasso, La Pella, Salvador Dalí, the Gipsy Kings, and Flamenco! Need I say more?

4. Perú

A cultural fusion of two great historical empires, The Incan and The Spanish, Perú is one the countries I desire most to visit in South America. The place I want to visit the most in Perú is Machu Picchu, the large Incan city built on top of the mountains, it’s certainly one the most mysterious places to visit. How did an ancient civilization manage to build an entire city 8,000 feet above in a rough mountain range and then be completely and mysteriously abandoned?

5. Tokyo

Vibrant color everywhere, a mass of pedestrians flooding the streets, a strange (from a Western point of view) sense of fashion, the distant view of the majestic Mount Fuji, the sight of seafood everywhere, towering skyscrapers filled with blinding lights, Tokyo is a city with a unique personality, a hyper techno city with a traditional flavor.

4 comments:

Marielle said...

yea i want to go to all these places too especially tokyo :)

leneli said...

if you want it, then you'll get it!
dream big and you'll suceed, travel is so exciting. i can't wait to share stories with ya about the countries you go to.

ProphetZen said...

yea that my philosophy of life, dream big and big things will come! =)

and can't wait to hear all the stories about the countries you've visited =)

Dissolved Girl said...

Those are all great places. I have been to Spain and France many times and I love both countries. In Spain Ibiza, El barrio Gotico, and Granada are beautiful places. Paris is just a dream, I lived in London and I spent almost every weekend in Paris. I just could not get enough.

I want to go to India and Japan. My parents lived in Japan for seven years and I was sad that I did not get to experience it with them.

Those are great goals you have set and good luck in accomplishing them. Hope we will be able to read your adventures as you check off each country from your list.