Still Watching…

Monday, February 16, 2009

In the midst of the release of the Watchmen film, which I’m completely hyped for, especially to see it on IMAX! I decided to browse through their viral marketing. First I stumbled upon thenewfrontiersman.net which a recreation of the fictional newspaper in Watchmen. Then I found out they have a flickr page with some interesting recreations of photos and documents from the Watchmen universe. And the best part of the viral marketing was the two YouTube videos. One is fake public service announcement about the Keene Act, outlawing vigilantes. The second video is a television broadcast about the commendable service Dr. Manhattan has provided to America. If I didn’t know about Watchmen, I would have thought these videos were real! Take a look:




I’m counting down the minutes for the release of Watchmen! This low-key marketing got me even more hyped and hopeful for the quality of the film. They successfully managed to recreate the Watchmen universe. Also I’m almost done with the Watchmen novel, which is awe-inspiring at the moment, will write a review soon.

“Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense.”

1 comments:

Marielle said...

wow thats crazy! i wouldve believed them to be real too :P